Monday, June 9, 2014

One Layer with Frame with "NBUS"


One Layer cards can be difficult for me since I always want to add more.  I achieved  making a frame on this card by embossing  one layer with a Cheery Lynn Frame die but not cutting through the paper.  I then added color by inking the raised areas of the design with Memento Pear Tart. To the frame, I added some pink with a pencil and some shine with a Clear Star Pen.   I stamped  never before used Flourishes Glamour Girls  stamps with Memento Toffee Crush and Rich Cocoa Inks and colored my girl with Copics.  I used GKD heavy weight white cardstock because inks, especially Copics do not bleed through this paper.  I also added shine to her veil and jewelry with Clear Star pen but am afraid it does not show in my photo.  I thought this came out as a very "girlie" card with a lot of dimension. 

Challenges:
One-Layer Simplicity Challenge:  # 6-"I've been framed." Create a one layer card with a border or a frame.
CAS-ology: Theme is shine.  I do have shine on my card but am afraid it does not show well enough.
 NBUS Challenge #1 from Darnell: Anything goes with Friendship Theme.  This is a challenge that I found on Mary Anne's blog post and just had to visit Darnell and read about the meaning of NBUS which is "never-before-used schtuff." and check out her fun challenge.   For some laughs and fun please stop by Darnell's blog, and maybe even become a follower.

 The Glamour Girls stamp set was won in April in a blog prize from Shirley and this is the first time it has seen ink.  I thought this made a cute card to send to my sister, my best friend forever.


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

10 comments:

Olga said...

Lovely, love the image!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Well now, I am so glad you stopped by, and found this great challenge! Your card is really cute, and I just love the expression on her face. I am sure your sis will treasure it.

Karen D. said...

Your card turned out great...pretty.
Thanks for playing along with the OLS challenge.

1CardCreator said...

Sweet card, love that stamp! I am new to Darnells blog but it is so nice to meet her friends! ~Diane

mayholicraft said...

What a lovely card! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

wienerhoneymooners said...

I think this SHINES!! Thanks for joining us at CASology, so PERFECT for the NBUS, YAY a new challenge, right! Thanks again for joining us!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh, I love your closing sentence, Theresa, about your sister being your BFF! What a blessing for both of you! She will love this pretty card which conjures up memories of a classic beautiful innocence in young women. You have colored her perfectly. And I am so impressed at how well you were able to color that debossed oval frame without smoodging the ink outside the lines! This is really perfect for the OLS framed challenge!!

I want to thank you very much for your kind words, for following me, for joining in my NBUS Challenge, and spreading the word about it! I appreciate it!! Hugs, Darnell

Irish Cherokee said...

Amazing.!! Never saw a die used without punching all of the way through. A perfect one layer card. Love the card and your creativity.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a fun card! The three scariest words a man can hear: "Can we talk?!" hee hee

Karen Hasheck said...

Such a pretty card for the NBUS challenge! I have so much NBUS I just had to enter this challenge too. I am now a follower of your blog and would love it if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/2014/06/nbus-friendship-challenge-card.html