Friday, June 20, 2014

Mountain Lake Scene



Welcome to my studio! I have made a second card for Joan's Touch challenge to make a card using  layered nested frames of a scene cut with dies. More details on how to use this technique and the challenge are on Joan's Blog  http://www.joanstouch.com/.  While you are visiting,  take time to subscribe to Joan's new blog which she began after retiring.
For her challenge, Joan is asking us to use a scenery stamp, make a layer as she did (check her blog for details), use any color, and use a product sold at Joan's Gardens. .  All Heartfelt Creations Products used are from Joan's Gardens. I stamped the scene on a Pattern Paper which adds to the background.   I used more color in this card than my first one.  I used pencils and white pen to add greens to the mountains and white to the clouds. The pattern paper is predominantly shades of blue.

Supplies used for my card:
Stamps: Heartfelt Creations HCPC 3526 Natural Beauty (Mountain Lake Scene ), Mark's Finest Papers Sentiment
Papers: Stamped on Pattern Paper from Heartfelt Creations Celebrate the Journey Collection, Embossed Layer White CS,  Card Base and Frame Slate Blue Cardstock from stash
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Green Pencils and White Pen
Dies: Spellbinder  Label 4 --used 3 dies for the layers of the scene and one for solid color frame
Embossing Folder:  Darice  Clouds
Foam Tape

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

1 comment:

Terri Urban said...

Theresa, what a gorgeous card. I love the way you colored the scene. Beautiful embossing folder too.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com