Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Make Your Own Background with Stamps

Hello! This card was made for a challenge to make your own background with stamps and I tied in some other elements from other challenges.  To make my background, I stamped a GKD flower design all over  pink cardstock with Versamark  and gold embossed.  After trimming this paper, I attached to the gold card base and attached the prepared  image and sentiment that were stamped on white CS and also gold embossed.  I edged the cut image and sentiment with Versamark ink and also embossed with gold EP since my Gold pen that I use for edges has dried up.  This was a fairly quick and easy card. The color of the flowers and paper match better in real life.  I always have trouble capturing the true color of pinks and also yellows in photos for posting.

Challenges:
Stamp TV: Mix it up Monday Challenge-Stamp, Stamp, Stamp-Make your own background.
Simon Wednesday: Challenge is You Gotta Have Friends.
613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes with Option to use Pink
Clear It Out Challenge: : This weeks' challenge- Theme: Colour challenge-your favourite ice cream  Stash: anything goes.  Used pink for my favorite ice cream Strawberry
Shopping Our Stash: Use your favorite color. My fave color for making cards is pink.

Supplies:
Stamps: GKD Buds and Vases (flowers), Elegant Flowers (verse)
Ink: Versamark
EP: Ranger Gold
Papers: GKD Metallic Gold, Heavyweight White, Innocent Pink
Copics: G20, 82, R81, RV11
Dies:Spellbinders Square and Label

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Lin said...

So pretty, Theresa, love the pink and gold together! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Olga said...

I never get tried of looking at your beautiful cards. Each one a work of art!! Beautiful!!

rachel taylor said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with 613 this week rachel dt

Benzi said...

This is a beauty, Theresa. You made a beautiful background.

Donna said...

Beautiful card! The pink and gold together are so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Colour My World" challenge!!

Chris D. said...

Theresa, your card is gorgeous! Love the stamped and gold embossed background, and your coloring on the main panel is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Katherine Clayton said...

GREAT card!!! I l poo 've how you did the background and the color combo of pink with gold embossing . . . just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out Challenge this week for our "ATG-ice Cream" challenge. Hope to see you for next week's challenge!

Kathy - CIO DT
UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com