Friday, June 6, 2014

Happy Occasion

Hello again.   I am sharing an anniversary card that I made for a friend celebrating 50 years of marriage  this month.  My card is fairly simple but I hope it is elegant.  I printed the sentiment in gold on white CS using Photoshop and placed it in a frame cut with Nesties Scalloped Oval Dies.  This was attached with pop up dots to the Gold Metallic Cardstock card base that I embossed with Cuttlebug  EF Kassie's Brocade.   I cut the right edge with  Martha Stewart Border punch and added delicate pearls.   I added an Organza Ribbon with Gold Thread to the left side.  For the inside, I printed my personalized message in gold on Parchment Paper.

Challenges to enter:
Mod Squad Challenge: Make an Anniversary card.
The Ribbon Girl Blog:  June Challenge is to use numbers. I used the number 50!
The Crafting Café: June challenge is Love and Marriage.  There has to be a lot of love in 50 years of marriage.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

joy said...

Hi, Theresa! I love this elegant card; I am sure your friend will be thrilled to receive it. A wonderful keepsake for such a big milestone in one's life.

Hope you are enjoying the summer. It is great to be having some good weather, isn't it?

Dawn Lancaster said...

How gorgeous! I love the embossing!
Thanks for sharing your stunning work with us at The Crafting Cafe this month in our Love & Marriage challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful and elegant with all the embossing and die cuts used on this.

Lee said...

So classy and elegant! What a beautiful celebration of a 50th anniversary! Thanks for playing along with us at Mod Squad!

Erin Bentley said...

Hi, A lovely card, love the pretty colours. Thank you for joining The Crafting Cafe this month. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Erin DT x

Marlene Atkinson said...

A lovely card, great embossing.Thank you so much for joining us at The Crafting Cafe Challenge. Marlene DT

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Such a very elegant card. Thank you for joining us at The Crafting Cafe - Good Luck!

perfectly4med said...

Clean and simple card, but oh, so effective. Love the embossing, and your Photoshop sentiment is perfect :)

Thanks for joining us at The Crafting Cafe this month and good luck!

Neil