Saturday, June 28, 2014

Do You Thump?


Hello! I am back with a card using my fave colors of pink and green and a technique that I seldom use... "Thumping" which is to take a darker colored marker and start tapping or "thumping" on the image to add darker spots
I used the layout from Seize the Sketch and color inspiration from Cupcake Inspirations.

Supplies:
Stamps: GKD Stippled Nature
Inks: Memento Pear Tart and Angel Pink inks and Bamboo Leaves and Rose Bud Markers
Papers: Lime Green CS for Card Base, White CS, and Pattern Paper from GKD Petal & Wings
Dies: Spellbinder Label and Rectangle Dies
Pink Satin Ribbon and Watering Can Charm from stash

Challenges:
Stamp TV Release Challenge: Use Thumping Technique
Seize The Sketch:  Sketch #23
Shopping Our Stash Weekly: Color Your Week...use favorite color...that 'd be pink.
Simon Wednesday: Says Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps: Challenge #101 Anything Goes
Mod Squad Challenge: Add a charm to a card.


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

12 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Interesting technique. Nice job with the card.

Deborah Frings said...

I love the colours, the layout and that technique gives a really interesting finish. I must have a go! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Robin K. said...

I'd never heard of this technique! Love the result and will have to remember to try it sometime:). Love this color combo too!

~Tammy~ said...

So beautiful! Love the colors!

catdidit said...

soooo gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge this week at the Mod Squad Blog!

Kelly said...

what a fun technique!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a pretty card.

Jo Nevill said...

Very pretty

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful card! That blossom is gorgeous! Thanks for joining along with Seize the Sketch ~ please feel free to check out my sample: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/2014/06/you-are-special-blessing.html

stampwithsandy said...

Just lovely! I really like that plaid background paper and the little teapot charm is just too cute! Thanks for playing along this week at Seize the Sketch, Theresa!

Leslie Mahon said...

Great card! I've always wanted to try thumping! You've inspired me!

Katie Melhus said...

So pretty, I love what the thumping did to the leaves! So glad you joined us at Seize the Sketch!