Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Christmas in June


Hello!  Yes, I know I have my seasons mixed up....I know it is summer and the hot temps are here but for some reason I  have been making a few Holiday cards ....may be because of the great Christmas challenges for this week.  Once I pulled out some Christmas papers and stamps, I just kept going.  I started with some leftovers from Heartfelt Creations Christmas Collection.  I used a Heartfelt Creations panel with a snow scene with a mailbox and a house in the background.  I cut this with a circle die and added to a mat of wine CS cut with a scallop circle die. I placed this on embossed ( Cuttlebug EF Divine Swirls)  Heartfelt Creations pattern paper, added a plaid ribbon and then on to a card base of Dusty Sage CS. The stamp sentiment is from Mark Finest Papers Greetings of the Season  and stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink. I added some Frosted Lace Stickles to the snow and trees for sparkle and shine but afraid it does not show in the photo.

Challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Include a Building or part of one. House is at back of scene.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Extra Challenge: Anything Christmas  goes for June
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Anything goes as long as Card is covered with Patterned Paper
Merry Monday Christmas Challenge: Theme is Sparkle, Shimmer or Shine.  You will have to take my word there is sparkle and shine on my card from Stickles Frosted Lace. 
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge: Theme is Christmas
ABC Christmas: M is for Mail- Hope my mailbox with mailed packages covers the theme

Stay Tune for more Christmas cards.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

15 comments:

Olga said...

Absolutley gorgeous!!!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Nothing wrong with year round Christmas Theresa. An old fashioned Christmas card is always a welcomed sight. Wonderful creation.

Michelle B. said...

Beautiful, traditional themed Christmas Card and love the splash of sparkle. So glad you joined us for our Mail Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.

fabiola jaques said...

superbe, très charmante scène, biz

Beccy said...

What a gorgeous scene - thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky
Beccy x

Jacqui Robinson said...

I love the christmas scene cards most.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, this is a lovely wintery scene. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Jill Norwood said...

Love your card! Such a sweet scene! I just made my first Christmas card this year too for Merry Monday! So fun to get an early start!

Marie B. said...

What an adorable scene! The tiny house in the background is easy to miss! I know I really hate how hard it is to capture sparkle/glitter/shine in pics...grr! :)

Pat K said...

Lovely traditional card Theresa with a beautiful scene taking center stage. Thank you so much for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. (Sorry I'm so late in commenting). x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Helen x

Samantha said...

Lovely card I love the swirl embossing in the background... regarding your mixing up the seasons for your card making and making christmas glad you did because 1 it means you can play along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge and 2 you won't be in a mad rush come Christmas! yay! hugs Samantha :0)

Bettina L. said...

This is a beautiful christmas card. Love the details with the mailbox and birds and embossing, Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

Carissa said...

Beautiful card with just a touch of vintage feel. Love the image that you chose.
Thanks for playing along at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa