Saturday, June 28, 2014

Bluebird of Happiness

Digi Sketch
Sometimes a card comes to me quickly and out of nowhere.  I combined several inspirations and ideas in this card.  First, I have several digis from A Day For Daisies that I have not used and wanted to play with one of them .  I played around on Photoshop with the digi Free Hand Bird with Musical Notes to color the image using shades of blue and then cut it out using an oval die letting the bird's  tail extend out a bit. Using copics B0000 and B21, I added some shading to the image. Inspired by the musical notes on the bird, I decided to stay with a musical theme. I embossed a mat of blue CS with Cuttlebug Allegro EF and colored the edges and raised design with Memento Summer Sky ink. I placed this on a card base of the same blue CS and added the image following the sketch to the right.  I stamped a sentiment from Flourishes Kid's Play set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink that kept with musical theme.  Remember the song Don't Worry, Be Happy?
How about the Bluebird of Happiness?

Challenges:
A Day For Daisies Blog: Make a monochrome card. Guess their new release called Blue Birdie got me thinking of Blue Birds and thus the subject of my card.
Digi Sketch Challenge: Sketch challenge on upper right with a theme shades of blue. Tied in with my thoughts of a blue bird.
Party Time Tuesday: Anything Goes

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa
Choose a song to play by clicking on a video below-
You will have to go to my blog if you are opening this in email.
Top:  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Bottom: Bluebird of Happiness

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty! That little bluebird is darling!

Irish Cherokee said...

Great card Theresa. The inspiration was spot on and the music videos also spot on. Way to go.

Caz s said...

This is lovely..

Thank you for sharing with us at Digi Sketch and good luck.

Caz xx DS DT