Sunday, June 8, 2014

'57 Chevy


Hello! I am having fun making cards with cars as my focus...a perfect theme for cards for Father's Day. I think I will share this with my 90 year old uncle who has a love of great cars. I am posting this Father's Day card using the sketch of a Chevy from Digi Sketch Challenge and a digital image from Doodle Pantry. I used a pre-color digi  that made this an easy card to create.

Supplies:
Stamps: Digi from Doodle Pantry Classic Cars 2, Sentiment from Winnie and Walter  Big, Bold, and Happy set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Silver Metallic Pen
Papers: Digi Pattern Paper from Doodle Pantry, Gray CS, Silver Metallic CS, White CS
Die: Nesties Oval
Glossy Accents for Glass on car

Challenges:
Digi Sketch Challenge: Use a stamp and/or sketch shown above.  I did both but turned the sketch.
Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge: Theme is make it manly.
Simon Wednesday: Challenge is Father's Day/ Masculine

To view videos,  you may need to go to my blog if you are opening this in an email.

Remember this song that reminds me of a "Chevy"?

 

For a heart warming story about a '57 Chevy watch this video:
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Sari said...

Great take on the sketch and love the bright blue. Thank you for joining Digi Sketch Challenge, good luck.

Lin said...

PERFECT card for father's day, Theresa! Love it in blue! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

What a great masculine card! Totally adore the great image you have used!!!

Thanks for joining our monthly challenge here at Doodle Pantry challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

Glenda Atkins said...

Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #47. Love your Father's Day card!

JD/ Jill said...

Great card...so nicely done...Loved the video...besides making me a bit teary eyed...it also brought back some great memories...we used to have a 57 chev...same color.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous take on the sketch and a wonderful backdrop for the fun chevy image. Great masculine card! Thanks for joining up for Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 47.