Thursday, May 15, 2014

Triple Layer Card


Second post today:
It has been awhile since I made a triple time stamped card which is so dramatic and easy to do.  It happens that the challenge for Mod Squad Blog is to do some triple stamping so I took the challenge.  I used Black and White cardstocks for my layers and GKD stamps from  Year of Flowers (Sunflower) and Pressed Flowers (leaves).  The flowers were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Black Embossing Powder and then colored with Pencils. I stamped 2 sizes of leaves with Memento Pistachio ink. I added a clear epoxy sticker from Cloud Designs so as not to cover the design.  I could have stamped on clear acrylic with the same result but I wanted to use up these stickers that have been in my stash for some time.

Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge: Triple the fun-Do some triple time stamping.
Stamp TV: Mix it up Monday _Make it Pop with Black

 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

My goodness, we were thinking alike! Yours is lovely! Good luck with the challenge.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your beautiful card too. I really think that is a beautiful sunflower image too.

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful card Theresa - I love how you did the clear sentiment over the design so it would show through. i will remember that. Your flowers are just beautiful, and I love how you did the leaves too. Really great card!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, and thanks for playing along with the Mod Squad this week!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! That's a great image to use with the triple-layer technique!

Shirley said...

How wonderful! I had totally forgotten how really beautiful this technique is. I really love the image and how pretty it looks the way you mounted the layers!

Karen Hightower said...

Very pretty. This is a wonderful stamp to use for this technique, and you used it wonderfully. Love your card. :)