Sunday, May 18, 2014

To Be Square or Not?


Happy Day!  I made this card the other day but just now posting. As you see it is a square card which I seldom do but to do the sketch justice, it just had to be square. The size is 4.25" square so I can mail it in an A2 size envelope. The Peonies are a digital stamp from Power Poppy that I printed, colored and fussy cut to center on the card.  The image was actually leftover from another project but was perfect for this card.  I used pattern paper from 7gypsies paper pad Conservatory with textured Green Card stock from stash. I cut the squares in the top layer with Nesties Square die. Added some ribbon and a sentiment in black ink to complete.

Challenges:
Seems a Little Sketchy: # 64 shown above
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Die Crazy...using the square die made this an easy card.

My peonies are about to bloom.  I hope last night's frost did not hurt them.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Jessi said...

What beautiful flowers, and I love how you added the ribbon and the sentiment to the sketch. You've inspired me to try something similar :) I hope to see you again in the next SALS challenge!

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful card! The pink flowers are gorgeous and really stand out with the green! Thank you for sharing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy! We have a new challenge that started today. Hope you join us again.

Shirley said...

How beautiful! I love the colors you chose, the texture on the green, the DP, your wonderful flowers, and the way you used the ribbon! Lovely!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Teresa, fab layout and the flowers are so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx