Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pop Goes the World


 Welcome to my studio!  Today I am showing my card to enter at the first ever challenge from Power Poppy Blog. The challenge is to be inspired by the  photo shown on the left and use at least three out of the four colors highlighted.  Choose from shades of purple or orange or yellow or green in your creation! I used the purple, green and orange. You must also use one of Power Poppy's digital stamps. I have used  Tulips for this card.  I printed the Tulips and colored with Copics of purples and greens  and placed on an orange mat, a layer of embossed green card stock, layer of purple and then a card base of light purple.  I kept the card simple letting the focus be this beautiful image of tulips. 
Supplies: Orange paper is from Fancy Pants paper pad, Other papers from Stash. Cuttlebug EF Victoria.. Copics

I finished the inside of my card with a Power Poppy verse using Photoshop to color the verse.  I learned how to do this from Julie's great tutorial about using digital stamps here.
Love all the new Digital Stamps from Power Poppy.  You will be seeing more of these stamps in my posts.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Such a fabulous, vibrant card Theresa! Love your details. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Power Poppy!

ChristineCreations said...

So pretty Theresa! I love the vibrancy of the colours and the beautiful purples in the tulips! So fun to have you join us in our first Power Poppy Challenge!

Julie Koerber said...

Wow Theresa -- these tulips have such depth the way you colored them up! Love your bright color scheme and how those lovely blossoms just take center stage! :-) Thanks for joining us gals over at Power Poppy!

Shirley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirley said...

I love the colors of those tulips! Beautiful layout and mats are so pretty with the colors you chose!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

EEK... These in purple are my favorite, beautiful card.

Pop, Paper, Scissors said...

Your tulips are just precious. Very pretty card.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, Theresa! How I love that embossed bright green panel with your pretty tulips! Such a delight for the eyes! I'm so glad to see your card in our very first Power Poppy challenge!

Dawn B. said...

Theresa this is really beautiful. I love the colors you chose for the tulips. Your coloring is perfect. Great job and thanks for joining us at Power Poppy.