Saturday, May 3, 2014

One Layer with Flowers

Welcome!  I am always trying to add more interest to my one layer designs.  Today I embossed a Chevron design on white Cardstock using an Easy Frame to  create a rectangle area in the center without embossing to be able to stamp a design in the flat area. After stamping my flowers I made score lines around the area to create more of a framed image.  I colored the image with Copics and stamped the sentiment with ink.
Challenges:
Mod Squad: One Layer Wonder Card
One-Layer Simplicity: Use Fabulous Flowers
Simon Wednesday:  Anything Goes
Scor-Pal Challenge:  More Than One Score Scor-Pal Challenge #4 - Include a Stamped Image. I used score lines around the image to create a frame.

Supplies:
Stamps: GKD Buds and Vases by Melanie
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, SU Regal Rose, Copics RV11,23, G20,21
Paper: GKD White Heavyweight CS
Embossing Folder: Darice  Chevron
Scor-Pal for score marks

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Heidi Stamps said...

This is just gorgeous! I love your flowers and the coloring!

joy said...

So pretty, Theresa - I must remember to use my easy frames more often. Love the chevron embossing folder, too.

PaperCrafting WithAngelina said...

Wow, great job on this card! Love it!

Dianne Gutchlag said...

This is really smart. The embossing adds great texture and your colouring is lovely, cheers, Dianne

Lin said...

The embossing adds a wonderful touch to your pretty central flower, Theresa! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Angie said...

gorgeous! I love all the dimension you added with your embossing folder on this one layer wonder!

catdidit said...

This sooo rocks! Love how you embossed this

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous card. Love the dry embossing details which showcase the beautiful flowers.