Thursday, May 8, 2014

More of the Same Colors


I am back with more of the colors in the Color Throwdown  Challenge this week.  This is such a fun color combo and I seem to have a lot of pattern papers that have inspired my creations.  I followed the Sweet Sunday Sketch for my layout. The card was assembled with a Navy card base, a mat of blue cardstock, and a layer of a fun pattern from gcd Studio  Journeys paper pad by Kathy Davis.  I finished with strips of blue and lime cardstocks and layered panels of blue and white stamped with GKD stamps from sets Winter Wings and Botanicals.  I used SU Night of Navy and Memento Pear Tart inks.  I thought the Dragonfly Brad was a nice finishing touch.

Challenges:
Color Throwdown: Use Night of Navy. Bermuda Bay, and Lucky Limeade
Sweet Sunday: Sketch Challenge #218 shown left
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes



I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Olga said...

absolutely gorgeous and I love the sentiment!

Shirley said...

I really like your sentiment and the design is wonderful for it! Great dragonfly DP!

Wanda Cullen said...

Lovely CAS design and that paper is so perfect for the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

Sarah R said...

Lovely colours choices and a great sentiment - fab card!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Papertake Weekly.

Sarah
(GDT)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card. Love the dragonfly background and the silhouette image behind the words. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.