Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May Flowers for a Birthday




Today I am combining a sketch and color challenge to create a birthday card. I printed a digital stamp of Peonies from Power Poppy on yellow pattern paper and colored with use of Photoshop and Copics.  I trimmed the image as shown on the card and placed on a green mat. Beginning with a base card of Yellow (Saffron) from stash, I added a layer of Pattern Paper in Coral and White from Pink Paislee Color Wash Pad.  I added a strip of Coral Cardstock cut with Martha Stewart border punch Scallop dot edged with the Green Cardstock. The image was added and stamped with Birthday sentiment in Memento Green Ink. Finished with yellow
Dew Drops.

Challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches: Shown above on left. Use with twist of Flowers
The Paper Players: Color challenge - graphic shown on left
Seize The Birthday: Anything goes Birthday with Toppings option of May Flowers. 


I hope you are enjoying May Flowers.
I love all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Wonderful birthday card, your flowers are gorgeous! thank you for linking up to STB!

Olga said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Shirley said...

How lovely and your design is lovely! I really like the dew drops too!

stampwithsandy said...

So pretty! I love those gorgeous flowers and the pretty background paper. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players, Theresa!

Jessi Fogan said...

That damask background is perfect for those beautiful flowers! I love it! Thanks so much for coming to play at Tuesday Morning Sketches with us this week - your card will be featured on our Facebook page today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl

Debbie said...

Sooo pretty! I love peonies!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Glenda J said...

Lovely colour combination! Great accents. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.