Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Get Sketchy with Power Poppy


Power Poppy is having another challenge celebrating their Instant Garden, a release of 4 digital stamps of  Peonies, Tulips, Gerbera Daisies, and Gladioli.  Their first sketch challenge is to find inspiration in the sketch shown on the left and use one of Power Poppy’s new digital stamps to make your card or creation!
I chose to use the Gerbera Daisies Digital image and sized and printed it on Ivory Cardstock.  I found a Pattern Paper from Fancy Pants Happy Go Lucky paper pad and thought this would be perfect for the background of the layout. I pulled colors from the pattern for my color combo.  The Daisies were colored with Copics Y23, YR 12, 65, BG11, 72, E 25,27.  I cut the image with a Nesties Oval die and matted with a Scallop Oval of Gold Parchment. I cut a frame from a soft blue cardstock with my Cameo. I assembled the card using the same blue cardstock for the base and added  gold and blue grosgrain ribbons and 2 brown brads colored with Copics.  I love coloring these flowers!  I am looking forward to Marcella's June Release.
 
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So charming!! Your Gerberas are beautifully colored and go wonderfully with the Fancy Pants bg paper!! Gorgeous card!!

Olga said...

Gorgeous, love the flowers!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love how the bg paper mimics the image! Thanks for playing with Power Poppy!

Dawn B. said...

This IS the perfect paper for this set. What a great job you did coloring the flowers. We are so thankful that you joined in on this challenge at Power Poppy. Happy stamping.

Katie Sims said...

Your card is absolutely darling! That background paper was the perfect choice to show off your lovely daisies! I am so glad you could play along with Power Poppy's Get Sketchy Challenge this month! :)

Julie Koerber said...

Love the colors, love that little splash of ribbon and LOVE the way you colored up these gerbers! This is a true beauty! Thanks for joining us gals over at Power Poppy!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This is so perky and fun! I absolutely love your color combo and the paper is, indeed, perfect for the daisies. Speaking of which, your coloring is pretty amazing, too. Late is my middle name, but I'm glad I got to see this up close. Hoping there will be more challenges. Thanks for playing along in this one!