Saturday, May 31, 2014

Another Card for Joan's Challenge


 

Hello again!  I am back with another stand up card with one fold for Joan's Touch Challenge  #15.  Her requirements this week are:
Cut one part of an image so it is standing above the card.
Use card stock for color.
Add a sentiment.
Use a product sold at Joan's Gardens.

I began this creation with a pattern paper from Heartfelt Creations Celebrate the Journey Collection that I bought at Joan's Gardens and cut a section 7.5" x 4.25 " from one of the card stocks.   I stamped a Birthday Girl  from Paper Pretties Surprise Sophia with Memento Espresso Truffle and cut the upper part of her with an Exacto Knife. I made the folds according to the directions given by Joan in her challenge post here to create the card.  I stamped a sentiment from the same set with Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  The top photo shows the card leaving the image the color of the card stock.  The second photo shows the image colored using only colors that are in the pattern of the card stock.   This shows 2 different interpretations of the direction "Use card stock for color." I prefer the second photo but which version actually meets the challenge?  I also have shown the way that I finished the back with an additional piece of paper and another stamp.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

1 comment:

Terri Urban said...

Theresa, wow another really cute card. I love how you covered up that back hole. Great idea.
Thanks for joining us again for this challenge. I am so glad you are enjoying it.
JOAN
www.joanstouch.com