Saturday, May 17, 2014

Almost Stumped by Stencil Challenge


One of my favorite weekly challenges  is Joan's Touch challenge and this week it was a very challenging one for me.  We were to
-use a stencil (Option was to use shadow technique)
-combine 2 Patterns of Papers
-make a card, a book, a note.....
-use a product sold at Joan's Gardens

The difficult part was to use a stencil...I only own 3 stencils which were bought at garage sales.  Finally I came up with a plan to make a card for  Joan's Touch Challenge using a Birthday Cake brass stencil (50 cents at the garage sale) with papers from Heartfelt Creations Classic Editions Collection purchased at Joan's Gardens.  I laid the stencil on a panel cut from the collection and colored in the stencil with markers and gold metallic pen.  I did not try the shadow technique. Using a double sided  pattern paper for the card base, I attached the image with a mat and a strip of another pattern  to the front of the card.  I used a clear epoxy sticker from Cloud Designs to create a Birthday Card.   I finished the inside with another panel stamped with a verse from Creative Vision Stamps using Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  The pattern paper shows up really well in the bottom photo of the inside of the card.

Challenge Links:
Joan's Touch : Details of challenge 13 above
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Anything goes with Patterned Paper

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Terri Urban said...

Theresa, I love your determination is making this beautiful card. It is great when we can do something out of the norm. Thanks so much all your efforts and for joining us at Joan's Touch for this challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Shirley said...

I am going lalalalalala while looking at the beautiful card you created with that stencil. I have bought too many lately and need to not buy more. So glad you got your at a garage sale and I can't find it easily. ;-) The card is totally fun and lovely at the same time! I really like hot you painted your image and the candles are fantastic!

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for sharing your delightful crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for May - hope to see you again soon. x