Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Quick Sweet Card


Hello!  With the beautiful spring days that we are having, my days have turned into garden chores of dividing perennials, cleaning garden beds and planning what to buy to plant.  The past few days have been beautiful and warm filled with birds singing and fragrance of blooming viburnums.  Each day I enjoy new blooms and new plants coming alive and it is hard to stay inside and make cards.
But I did make this quick card using a digital image from Doodle Pantry and a sketch from Doodle Garden Challenge (new to me). I printed the colored image and cut with a Nesties oval and edged with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I cut a cherry and popped up with a glue dot, added liquid pearls to the cream on top, and colored the spoon with metallic silver ink( does not show in photo).  The card base is Pink Cardstock from stash, Polka Dot mat is from MME, and the Ombre Pink strip is from scraps. Finished with Flourishes Sentiment stamped in the Rich Cocoa ink. This card will go in my next box to Operation Write Home.

Challenges:
Doodle Pantry Blog Challenge: Any Digi Goes
The Doodle Garden Challenge #3: Sketch challenge shown above
Party Time Tuesday #17: Polka dots or color challenge.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Theresa, this is delicious (pun intended.) Love your coloring and the sparkle/shine is wonderful. Makes me hungry!! :-D I just want to personally thank you for playing along in our sketch challenge at Doodle Garden. Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you again in June for the next challenge.
NanaConnie DT

Carolyn Cochran said...

Very cute card-love the diagonal band! and Yummy Neapolitan with pearly swirly on top! Thanks for playing with us at Doodle Pantry!
Carolyn, DT

Laura said...

oh how cute, love this! thanks for sharing with us at the Doodle Garden!

Shirley said...

How cute and pretty too! I really like the cream on top!