Monday, April 28, 2014

You Are On My Mind


Today, I am playing with the sketch from the Less Is More challenge.  I thought of a lot of options but ended up cutting a ring of Patterned Paper from Webster's Pages Parkdrive  using Nesties circle dies.  I attached this to a square card base of White cardstock. I seldom make square cards because of extra postage needed to mail but ....but it needed to be square for my design. I stamped 2 Azaleas on coral cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored leaves and flowers with pencils and used glaze pen to add highlights to flowers. I fussy cut the Azaleas, attached to the card, and stamped sentiment with Memento Pear Tart ink.  The Azalea Stamp set that I used  is from  a new company Power Poppy created by Marcella Hawley.

Challenges:
Less Is More: Sketch shown above
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Keep it clean and simple.

No Copics used in the making of this card.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Marianne said...

beautiful card

Anne said...

Teresa what a pretty take on the sketch!
Thank you for your LIM entry this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Shirley said...

Theresa, This is just beautiful! I like the simplicity. It is really elegant. Love how you used the circle dies too!

Alison C said...

It's lovely, great sentiment too.

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card! Love those pretty flowers!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Chrissie said...

This is lovely Theresa, we are fortunate in that square cards don't incur additional postage in the UK!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Olga said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Linda said...

This is gorgeous, so CAS. x