Sunday, April 6, 2014

Writing with a Quill Pen of Vellum

I was playing with some vellum paper and my Cameo machine and decided to cut a feather design in vellum.  This design reminded me of a  quill pen, a writing implement made from a feather of a large bird.  I decided using the feather on a note card would make an interesting design. I started with a card base of a glossy Oyster Pearl cardstock and layered it with a mat of Graphics 45 Pattern Paper in brown and ivory. I did a row of dry embossing on a piece of GKD Brown CS and heat embossed a sentiment from Mark's Finest Paper stamp "Just a Note" using Ranger Embossing Pearl Gold powder.  I attached the Vellum feather  using glossy accents on the center of the feather creating a dimensional quill which also served the purpose of neatly gluing the feather.  Since it is hard to attach vellum elements without the glue or tape showing through, this was a good way to conceal the glue.
I think this is a great masculine card with a Victorian look.

Challenges:
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge #206: Theme is Use Vellum.  It's been awhile since I entered a card here. This card was just right for this week.

The I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Stampsnob said...

WOW that looks like a real feather Thanks for sharing at MFP..........Lis

terrie said...

I like the vellum feather that you added on your card...
welldone

Kathy Bradley said...

What a pretty card - and that feather is awesome. Thanks for joining us at MFP's Speedy Fox & Friends.

Angie said...

Beautiful vellum feather! Gorgeous Note card! Thanks for playing along with Speedy Fox & Friends!