Saturday, April 26, 2014

Winging It

Welcome to more talk about scraps.  I have accumulated so many strips of white cardstock....so many that I will never use.  Any suggestions how to use???  I thought the Ruffle style card would be great to use some of the white strips with a border punch but with a border stamp also.  I punched the strips with Fiskars  scallop border punch and cut 4" wide.  I stamped each strip with the butterfly border from GKD A Year of Borders by Melanie with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and quickly colored with Copics Y 06,11, YR02,07.  I layered underneath the punched areas with black scraps before assembling card on Black Card base.  I used pop up dots and double sided tape to attach the ruffles . The sentiment at top of card is from GKD Take Flight stamped in  the Tuxedo Black ink. Orange Satin  Ribbon and bow finished the card with the addition of the cut out butterfly from my box of leftover images.  Not sure what stamp I used for that butterfly on the ribbon but it was colored with glitter pens.

Challenges:
Stamp TV Release Party Challenge: Winging It - Make a card with anything that has wings- birds, butterflies, dragonflies, etc.  There are a lot of wings on my card!
613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes

I still have white scraps left for other projects.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Oh wow, how clever and I would have never thought of that. It's really very pretty! I really like how you tied it all together with your one butterfly with the bow!