Thursday, April 24, 2014

Using Those Many Scraps


As I mentioned yesterday,  I am trying to use some of the many scraps and supplies that I have accumulated in my studio.  Yesterday I saw a tutorial on Operation Write Home about making a Dimensional Ruffle card and thought this would use a lot of those pattern paper scraps from 6x6 paper pads and be a fun way to use up a lot of those 6" Strips as well as some of my button stash.
I used Martha Stewart scallop dot border punch, scraps from MME, ivory card base and coral cardstock, ribbon and buttons from stash.  I have about one hundred of the pearl buttons and colored some to match my card. Tip:  I used one length of twine and looped all the buttons together which made it easy to arrange and attach to the card using Matte Accents.  The sentiment is from Poppy Power Azaleas stamp set in Memento Peanut Brittle ink on a circle of ivory cardstock  and matted on another scrap.

Challenges that I found to enter:
Craft Your Passion: Pretty pastels
Craft Catz Weekly: B is for.....used buttons and borders.
Party Time Tuesdays: Anything GoesI enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Olga said...

gorgeous way to use scrapes, this is amazing!!!!

joy said...

Hi, Theresa! I love this ruffled card and may have to try that with some of my papers. The row of buttons is adorable too. Hope you are well and enjoying the early spring blooms!

Lin said...

Such a pretty card, Theresa! Love all the lace edges and the buttons, too!

Anna Jasiolek said...

What a lovely card with lots of ‘B’s on it! I am so glad you liked our challenge at Crafty Catz and entered with your wonderful project. Thank you and please come back again tomorrow for a brand new theme.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Olena said...

So cute card! Love it!

tilly said...

what a fab way to use up your scraps, and fab buttons, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz
Tilly

Wildfire said...

I like it. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! :)

Petya DT

Randi Pearl said...

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion -Randi