Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring Brings Flowers


Second Post today.....
 This card was made with some of my first GKD stamps which I still love to stamp.  Spring always brings beautiful blooms and colors which I look forward to each time.  I made this card to cover 5 challenges which are listed below.   I used a GKD grass green card base and layered with my own created designer paper- white paper stamped with a GKD script stamp from Botanicals in Memento Bamboo Leaves ink. I partially stamped the iris stamp from Elegant Flowers in Versamark on 3 rectangles cut with Spellbinders die and heat embossed with Clear EP.  I colored the images with bright color Memento Markers Lulu Lavender, Rose Bud, Cantaloupe,  Dandelion, and Bamboo Leaves. I matted each on Grass Green mats and attached to the card.  I finished with a sentiment of Easter Blessings from GKD Spring Florals on a cut oval of white CS matted on a scalloped oval of the green paper.  I used the sketch shown above from Tuesday Morning Sketches but forgot to use this week's twist so I am not entering their challenge.

Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge: Spring into Spring-create a spring themed card using at least 3 bright spring colors and your stamps to make your own designer paper.
Simon Says:  Happy Easter and/or Sweet Treats 
Papertake Weekly: Spring has Sprung 
Craft Your Passion: No Designer Papers 
Stamp TV Mix It Up Monday: Create a project using one image stamped 3 times.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

joy said...

Love this card, Theresa! I don't have any GKD stamps; but I do love their flower stamps so much. Your coloring ins so nicely done, as usual!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a gorgeous card!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Just beautiful, Theresa!

Jill Buehler said...

Cute card, love the colors and the layout together.