Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring Azalea

Welcome!  I am looking forward to the blooming of Azaleas but I was able to capture this lovely flowering plant on a card with a stamp designed by Marcella Hawley for her new company Power Poppy.  I stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle ink on white CS ....this gives a much softer look than stamping with black ink.  I colored the image with Copics E 25,35, YG 000,63,93, and YR 000,00,02 and cut with Spellbinder Die Label 4. All the pattern papers that I used are from Webster Pages Park Drive pad that was from Joan's Gardens. I used strips of gold under the image and green as the border for the image layered on the check which has all the colors that I used. Finished with a sentiment from MFP's stamped in Memento Olive Green ink.

Challenges:
Joan's Touch: Challenge is to use plaid, check, or striped paper, a border around an image, any colors, and a product sold at Joan's Gardens. Pattern papers are from Joan's .
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Papers: Challenge is anything goes as long as patterned papers cover entire card.

I hope to work in my gardens again today.....temperatures to be in the 70's.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful, Theresa! I too look forward to some spring color soon!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

A charming card.

Olga said...

very pretty!!

Terri Urban said...

Theresa, what a beautiful card. I love the colors and your flowers are so pretty. Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for the weekly challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

Hazel said...

Love the colours. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper April challenge with your lovely creation - hope to see you again soon x