Saturday, April 12, 2014

Playing with Colors and Dies

Welcome! This card was the result of playing with some colorful  papers from Webster Pages Park Drive pad and some Cheery Lynn Dies.  I was trying to design an entry for the challenge Anything Goes at Cheery Lynn Design Blog.  I used Ivory CS as the base and Green Paper for accents cut with Ambergris  Tiny Doily and Cathedral Lace Frame (used only a side panel from the frame).    I am always experimenting with different uses of dies rather than the intended use. The other elements are all from Pattern Papers cut with Build A Flower #1 and Ambergris Die.  I used Spellbinders dies for the circles. I used Memento Morocco ink for the MFP's stamp.  I was using the sketch below for the layout.   I do like the combo of colors and the pop of the spiky flower. 





Photo came out a bit dark so use your imagination.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful spring color palette and love the great mix of dies, and the spiky flower sitting on the Ambergris die...so pretty! Thanks for playing along in this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge, and good luck!

Sandy Hulsart said...

Theresa, I love how you used just a portion of the frame to make your border piece. This is a wonderfully happy card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Debbie's Time Out said...

Theresa Very nice spring card. Love the tiny doilies. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn challenge. Good Luck.