Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mother's Day


This card was made for a couple challenges. I followed the layout from Tuesday Morning Sketches.  I used pattern papers from MME's pad A Mother's Love for my color inspiration and layers.  I began with a card base of Blue CS from stash and layered with an embossed mat of Floral Pattern and placed on that an oval of the blue cardstock  layered with an oval of Polka Dot pattern.  The blue oval was cut with Cheery Lynn Swedish Spring Oval Frame die but I trimmed off the outer edge to make it fit the card size.   I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment with Memento Morocco Ink.  I cut the butterfly from Coral and Orange CS with Cheery Lynn Small #2  Exotic Butterfly die and Small #2 Angel Wings. This was attached with pop up dots. I finished with the green Flourish cut with Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish Die.
 One last thing: What do you do with all the small leftover pieces when you die cut a detail pattern?  When I cut the Oval Frame I had all sorts of pieces including tiny blue flowers which I added to the centers of the flowers on the pattern paper to give a bit of dimension. Not a one was wasted.
Challenges:
Cheery Lynn Design Challenge: Back to Nature-dies used listed above
Tuesday Morning Sketches: Sketch challenge shown above

  I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

A pretty card Theresa and I like how you used all the elements from your Swedish Frame die. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and Good Luck. Julie x

Sandy Hulsart said...

Teresa, this is a gorgeous bright and happy card. I love the colors you chose. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! I love all the delicate die cuts!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

leslierahye strickland said...

Fantastic creation. I love how you used the flourish as the banner element on your card. Thank you for joining us at cheery Lynn challenges. Good luck!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Theresa! I love the colours - that orange butterfly is a stunner. Thanks for coming to play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches :)