Saturday, April 26, 2014

Have You ever Seen a Purple Butterfly?

 

Hello!  I used a different style for me on this card made for the challenge at Joan's Touch-to use something from nature, purple and white, distressed edges, and a product from Joan's Garden.
I used a mask made by cutting out a circle with a Nesties circle die.  Laying the mask on white cardstock I stamped branches with blossoms using Flourishes Cherry Blossoms  with Memento Sweet Plum ink.  I then sponged edges of circle with Distress Ink China Blue.  I cut a butterfly from purple cardstock and white liner with Cheery Lynn small #2 Butterfly and Angel Wing dies. Added some doodling to the wings.  Assembled the card with White card base, Purple mat, Purple Grosgrain ribbon and bow, and the image with butterfly.  I distressed the edges of the top layer with distress tool.   Cheery Lynn Dies and Memento inks are sold at Joan's Gardens.  I will add a sentiment when I use card.
 
Challenge link: www.joanstouch.com
Sweet Stampin' Challenge: No Designer Paper
Charisma Cardz Challenge: Purple and Blue 
 
I love reading all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Eemeli said...

Lovely card and very nice simple design. Thanks for joining our "Blue+Purple" -challenge at Charisma Cardz.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Chris said...

Beautiful stamping! Lovely CAS design. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Shirley said...

I have seen a purple butterfly with other colors mixed into it. I bet you could find a purple and white live one if you googled. LOL I like it and how you did your backdrop is awesome!

Terri Urban said...

Theresa, what a pretty card. I love the background and your butterfly. Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Touch for this weekly challenge.
Joan
www.joanstouch.com

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely card.

Thanks for sharing at Charisma this week.

Susan

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Lovely color scheme and very striking card design!

Thank you for participating at Sweet Stampin' this week!