Monday, March 31, 2014

CAS Challenge

 
The spring challenge at CAS-UAL Fridays is called the Good Egg and we are to create a Clean And Simple project using....OVALS! After much thought I decided to create a simple spring flower using 6 ovals cut from Yellow CS with the smallest Nesties oval die and 1 circle of Orange CS cut with Nesties circle die.  I shaped the "petals" with a flower shaping tool and dry embossed the orange center with Cuttlebug EF Swiss Dots.  Using my Scor Pal,  I scored 2 vertical  lines in the center of my Card Base of white CS for the stem and colored with Memento Bamboo Leaves Ink .  I also scored 2 vertical lines on each side of the card  front but the photo does not show them very well.  I stamped the sentiment from Flourishes with SU Always Artichoke ink.  I assembled the flower with Scor -Tape  and adhered to the CAS card.


Challenge:
CAS-UAL Friday:  CFC130: Good Egg
Charisma Cardz Challenge: CAS

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

8 comments:

Olga said...

very pretty and creative!

joy said...

What a pretty card, Theresa! And, a very clever take on the challenge by creating a flower from the ovals. I like the scored lines, too!

Cat's sCrap said...

Beautiful creation. Original flower. Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Stacey Schofield said...

Beautiful CAS card - thanks for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz xx Stacey S xx

PoppyKCrafts said...

Lovely Card, Thank you for entering the Charisma Cardz Challenge. Keeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie Dt xx

~amy~ said...

gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

candlesinthegarden said...

Beautiful, bright sunny card! Great use of ovals - thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

donna mikasa said...

This is such a creative take on the challenge! Thanks for linking it up to CASual Fridays!