Thursday, February 20, 2014

Wild Roses for an Anniversary

Second post today. I seem to be getting my rhythm back or is it mojo  making cards.  Making cards is a bit more challenging since I am away from my Studio and am working with limited supplies  but making do with what I have.  Today I am using Graphic  45 pattern paper for the card base.....seldom do that but weight of this paper is heavier than most PP. Using my paper trimmer, I cut a frame of green CS and attached to the base.  I used pop up dots to attach the image of wild roses that I stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa  ink on GKD Ivory CS and  colored with Copics G21, YG03, R01, R20, V000, V12, Y12.  I fussy cut the image ....if I were home I would have trimmed with my Cameo. The image and sentiment are Flourishes Stamps "Wild Roses" and "Taglines".  I so hate that the company Flourishes is for sale.....they create the most beautiful stamps but hopefully someone will buy and continue the company.


Challenges:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday: Use a Lotta Polka Dots
Simon Says: Wedding or Anniversary
ABC Challenge: F for Flowers
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Anything Goes using Pattern Paper on Card Base
Fab 'n' Fancy: Spots or Stripes


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

9 comments:

TLady said...

WHAT A LOVELY CARD!!!! LOOOOOOOOVE the variations in your of coloring on the flowers & leaves---makes them look more LIFE-LIKE!!!!! :)(I JUST ordered this image!!! ) PINK is ALWAYS a PLUS to me too!!;)

Nikki said...

Gorgeous flower image, great colours and a pretty card. Thanks for playing along at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Jo Nevill said...

Very beautiful and pretty.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

meine-bastelarena said...

What a pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab´n´Funky Challenges. Have a wonderful day and good luck! Hugs, Sujin

Pat said...

Lovely card, super image and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky, good luck.

Pat xx

Heather said...

A fabulous card Theresa - I love the spotted papers and a lovely frame for the beautiful rose coloured beautifully.

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Beccy said...

This is a lovely card thanks for joining us at FabnFunky

Beccy x

Wendy said...

Beautiful card...thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for February with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x