Friday, January 10, 2014

Winter White Card

 The challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week is Winter Whites and we must use at least one of her dies.  I started out and cut a few of her snowflakes thinking I would make a card featuring snow and snowflakes.  Then I took out a white glossy cardstock and thought I would use it for the card base.  Playing around I decided to  emboss the Cathedral Lace Frame die on the front of the glossy white CS cut to  7"X10".  I have always cut with this die but never used for just embossing.  I loved the look of the embossing....such an elegant look on the glossy white .. so much that I decided this would be the feature of my card.  Added some pearls and a white organza ribbon with gold thread.  I finished the inside with a panel of white cardstock embossed with Swedish Spring Oval Frame.   I  heat embossed the sentiment from Flourishes with gold embossing powder.

It is fun to experiment ....you never know what you might create.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Becky said...

WOW Theresa...this is gorgeous. I'll have to restock my cheery lynn products since I got rid of all of them when I quit crafting.

Becky said...

WOW Theresa...this is gorgeous. I'll have to restock my cheery lynn products since I got rid of all of them when I quit crafting.

Sarah Pederson said...

Embossing your frame, makes for a very delicate and beautiful texture to your card. Thanks for sharing and a new use for the frames.

Payne Holler Cards said...

Oh my....soooooo classy!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Very elegant!

Sandy Hulsart said...

You are right, Theresa, the dies look lovely embossed. Great card design. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.