Saturday, January 11, 2014

Thinking of Spring

What a change in the weather....almost 50 degrees!  Almost Spring like....NOT!  But it is much warmer than yesterday.
 The year has started off with some great challenges - some that I followed have closed but I am finding new ones through my blog friends.  I found some pattern paper in some new supplies  that I thought was great for the color challenge at Party Time Tuesday using red, yellow, blue, and  green and combined that with a sketch challenge at The House That Stamps Built.  The pattern paper is from a (new to me) pad from MME A Mother's Love.  I used both sides of one of the papers and used white CS for the card base and the image.  I stamped Tulip Bouquet from Repeat Impressions with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics  R20,22,24,YG91,93, YR20,21,65  matching colors  with the color challenge as well as the floral paper.   The image was cut with Nesties Oval die and layered on a Blue Mat (a scrap) cut with Nesties scallop oval die.  Following the sketch, I layered the pattern papers that I embossed with Cuttlebug EF Swiss Dots and Darice  EF Flower Frenzy and attached the image. I added "Thanks" that I cut with my new Cameo in a Red CS.
Challenges:
Party Time Tuesday:#154 Color challenge Shown on left
What If? Wednesday: Sketch #J814
Shopping Our Stash: #133 Use Something New...used new Cameo and new MME Paper
The ABC Challenge:  C is for Colorful


I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Very pretty card, Theresa! This is one of my favorites of yours! Thanks for sharing :-)

Barbara Godden said...

Lovely card, love your take on the sketch, beautiful flowers and great colouring. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping our Stash for the use something new challenge.

Judy Rozema said...

This is so pretty! So glad you shared it and joined us at PTT!