Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

 I am a bit late wishing everyone a Happy New Year but I wanted to post this card with my wishes for everyone to have a Happy and Healthy New Year in 2014.
 
I made this card using a new Darice Embossing Folder called Fireworks. After embossing a Black Card stock, I inked the raised area with a gold ink and added some gold EP.  I stamped the sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers (Peaceful Nuthatch set) withVersamark and heat embossed with Gold EP.  This was a very  easy card that I made in a matter of minutes...less than 10 minutes.  I also made the same card using a dark navy cardstock but like it best in the black which is much more dramatic.
Challenges to enter:
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge: Theme is Happy New Year
Simon Says: Something New...using new embosssing folder.
 CAS-ual Friday: Happy New Year Theme



I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

joy said...

Hi, Theresa! Love this fun and dramatic card. The black with gold is so festive. Just got back from CO and hope to get some cards done soon. Seems like I am still jet lagged!!

Happy New Year!! See you soon.

Sylvia Blum said...

This is super pretty and so festive with the dark/gold combo!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx

Jingle said...

The gold fireworks are so neat! Very nice card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!