Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Sunrise-A New Day

Welcome! I hope you are warm and cozy today.  This is one cold winter in Ohio!!  There are several challenges in blog land for Something New, meaning use new techniques or supplies, etc. I have this Repeat Impression stamp of a sunrise which I have never used.....thought it was appropriate since every day brings a new sunrise and a new beginning.  I decided to put it to use using a technique new to me...the Chalkboard Technique.  I stamped the image and sentiment (also Repeat Impressions) with versamark ink on Black Cardstock and heat embossed with White EP. I then sponged on some Brilliance Moonlight ink to give more of the chalkboard look. I colored in the sun with a yellow pencil and added some doodling with a  Sukura  White Gelly Roll pen . I am not sure if the doodling really adds anything but gave it a try for the first time. My DH selected the pattern paper since I had a hard time choosing one. Finished the card with White Card Base and the pattern paper from a Pebbles Paper pad which is also new.

Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: Designer Choice Challenge 11-New to you.  Used new technique, new paper.
Simon Says: Something New-used new paper and my theme is A New Sunrise-A New Day
The Paper Players: A Clean Slate-use Chalkboard Technique



You can find a lot about how to do the Chalkboard technique online.
I do not endorse products but the Sukura White Gelly roll Pen is great for writing on dark cardstock and I tried a lot of white pens before finding this one.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Lovely image....a beautiful card for the challenge! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Lin said...

Hi Theresa! I like your chalkboard look! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!