Monday, December 30, 2013

Winter Cardinal


Second Post today!  Hello!  I wanted to share this card that I made that was inspired by the beautiful Cardinals feeding at our feeders this winter.  I will add this to cards saved for next Christmas   I am using some new products.....the Pine Branch was cut with an Impression Obsession die that I received for Christmas from my friend, Rita.  I teamed it up with a new Darice embossing folder Pine branches to create the front of this card.  I inked the branches with Brilliance Platinum Planet ink and Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  I cut a window with Nesties Oval Die to frame the Cardinal image that I stamped with the  Rich Cocoa ink and colored with pencils.  I attached the image on a red cardstock layer and then to the inside.  The bird stamp is from Pixie Cottage and the maker of the sentiment stamped inside is unknown.
Challenges:
Craft Your Passion: Theme is Something New...used new die cut and embossing folder
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Share any Christmas Card
Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Theme is "A little bird told me"
Charisma Cardz: Anything goes

Thanks to Rita for this beautiful die. I will be using it often. I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

7 comments:

Lin said...

A beautiful card, Theresa! I was noticing just today how brilliantly red our cardinals are this year! Best wishes for a wonderful 2014!

Patti J said...

So pretty! We are in Missouri, and the Cardinal is our bird, so I'm partial! This is just lovely, Theresa!

NGCARDS said...

Such a wonderful card! Thanks for playing at Charisma and I hope you had a lovely Christmas! xxx

Michelle said...

A very wonderfull card. I like the branch die you used.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Wendy L said...

Lovely card, great piccy of the cardinal too, thanks for joining in with us at Charisma and Happy New Year to you. xxxx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 157 - hope to see you again soon. x

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely card.

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week.

Susan