Thursday, December 19, 2013

It's Been Snowing A Lot

 
Hello! I know I've been missing in action for a few days on my blog.  Today I decided I needed to take time and post a card for some challenges.  This card is a winter scene using the Winter Postcard stamp from Stampendous but I trimmed off the postcard part and just used the snowy scene.  I also added more trees to the left and right of the original scene and some deer grazing on the snow covered lawn using some small stamps from Mark's Finest Papers.  Also added a flock of birds in the sky with a black marker.  After stamping the scene on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I colored with pencils and then added white stickles to the snowy areas and a crystal stickles to the Holly leaves. Placed some red rhinestones on the leaves for sparkle. Also added more snow to the trees with a white glaze pen. I used a Red CS Mat cut with oval nesties to showcase the scene and added it to an embossed green Card Base ...I angled the oval a bit on the card just because I liked it that way.  The embossing on the card base was done with Darice Snowflake EF and  inked with Brilliance Moonlight White ink.  I think this card captures the snowy wintery weather that we have been experiencing in Ohio.
This card was mainly inspired by the challenge at Craft a Scene to make a card with a winter scene but I did not use the option of making a Tri-shutter card...may do one later.

Challenges:
Craft a Scene: Winter Scene
The Glory of Christmas: Theme is snow. I used the inside to add my Christmas greeting.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Whatever is urgent to make. I felt I needed to use this stamp for another card.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything goes for Christmas
Simon Says Wednesday: Bling it on! Sparkle in my stickles and rhinestones
Paper Pretties: Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It's hard to believe Christmas is almost here! I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 22: snow, Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT - and also for both CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

Olga said...

Beautiful!!!

Dora said...

beautiful image! very pretty card have you made.
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.

rachel said...

a lovely winter scene Theresa - great job! I love the snowy postcard stamp! Thanks for joining us at Craft a scene this month and have a wonderful Christmas x