Saturday, December 21, 2013

Another Winter Scene


 Today I am sharing a Tri-shutter card that I have made for the monthly challenge at Craft A Scene. I am showing 3 views of the card...the card completely opened at the top, a view partly opened, and a view completely closed for placing in the envelope.  This was not a quick card and took a lot of time planning how to scale and size the digis that I used before printing them.  The digis that I used are from Digi Doodles that is no longer in business but I love the 2 snow scenes that I used. I used "Snow Scene" for the center of the card and for the two panels on each side I used parts that I cropped from "Winter Snow Bird".   I am showing the 2 digis below.  After printing the images, I colored with Copics and added white stickles for snow and crystal stickles for the water stream. I also used a Darice EF Clouds in the sky that I also sponged with Memento Summer Sky ink.   I was able to do the images on the first try (how lucky was that?) using Photoshop Elements for sizing the images to match the panels that I needed to create the Tri-Shutter card.  It took time to color and add the stickles but I was very pleased with the results. I used Bazzill blue cardstock for the card base. The sentiment is stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle and is from MFP's Greeting of the Season Stamp set.

In addition to the Craft A Scene's Winter theme challenge using a Tri- Shutter card, I am entering these challenges:
Oldie But a Goodie: Winter... the digis and stamp are over 6 months old.
Charisma Cardz Challenge: Anything Goes
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything Goes for Christmas
Alphabet Challenge: W is for Whatever You Wish: My card includes a wish for "Peace On Earth"



I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

12 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, my friend! This took a LOT of planning! You rock!!!

Jennifer LaVite said...

Wow! It is so perfect. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

Pippin said...

That is really a very beautiful scene on your tri shutter card! Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful scene with us at Oldie But A Goodie and Merry Christmas. Sarah

Wendy L said...

Fantastic way of creating a scene, thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz, and have a great Festive season. xxxx

Dora said...

fantastic made!! really a winterscene in a tri-shutter shape.
beautiful!
thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.

rachel said...

wonderful Theresa - and you did a trishutter too! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Craft a scene this month xx

paper fun said...

Beautiful!! What great planning and wish.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

NancyD said...

Wow, Theresa, to use a digi for a tri-shutter card is impressive. You did a wonderful job! Thank you for playing with us a Craft a Scene again. NancyD

NGCARDS said...

Such a wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Charisma and I wish you all the best for the festive season! xxx

Vee said...

Super creation, thanks for joining our challenge at Charisma.
xx Vee

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering this lovely creation for my CHNC challenge extra for December - hope to see you again soon. x