Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Vintage Christmas with Some Recycle Items


This card came together very quickly since I had the image laying on my work desk just waiting for the right time to use.  The image is from Old Design Shop which is a great source of vintage art.
Most of the items on the card were in my Christmas box of items that I had saved for using on Christmas cards. 
I began with a card base of ivory card stock which I sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. The next layer is a pattern paper from Heartfelt Creations that I embossed with Cuttlebug EF Allegro and distressed with a distress tool and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  I added some paper ribbon saved from a gift on this layer and on the side edge of the inside of the card. I also wrapped some recycled twine before attaching to the base. Next I added the image also distressed with a tool and ink.  Attached  a premade ornament stick on and piece of plastic holly pulled from my goodie box for the finishing touches. (I had trimmed the outer edge of the card front so the ribbon on the inside shows.)

Challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow: Anything Vintage Goes
Alphabet Challenge: T is for Twine
Cards For Men: Theme is Merry Christmas....thought this man walking in the snow was perfect for man's card.
Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge: Use something already on your desk. Had the image and box of saved items on my desk.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Outdoors

Thanks to the Old Design Shop for this great art.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

13 comments:

joy said...

LOVE the vintage look!!

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Theresa - looks like I stepped back in time! So very realistic. Thanks for the inspiration - vintage is hard for me!

Patti P. said...

Hi Theresa, I love this card! What a great image and thanks for the link to the shop.
Love the embossing and your distressing.
Hope you are doing well.
hugs...

Pat K said...

Lovely vintage card. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men. Pat K x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 150 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

Cathi ONeill said...

Great vintage card, love the image! Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

Michelle B. said...

Beautifully vintage. Love all your touches, very creative. So glad you joined us for our Merry Christmas Challenge at Cards for Men!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Theresa! I love that vintage image and your beautiful details! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

otomys said...

This is gorgeous! I love the beautiful vintage image. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

Pat said...

Lovely card with a beautiful image. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.

Pat xx

Cec said...

Lovely vintage Christmas card with great texture and layers. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Alica Ziakova said...

Very pretty! Love the vintage feel of your card!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Moz said...

The way you created your background is very clever and most effective! Lovely image and altogether very Vintage! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week.
Hugz
Moz