Sunday, November 24, 2013

View from the Window on a Snowy Day

Hello!  Looking from the inside out is the theme of this card. My card today is a bit unusual but I had to go a bit out of the box to meet the Challenge at Joan's Gardens this week. Her challenge is to use any colors,  window, trees, and a product from Joan's Gardens. The tricky part was that I have no window dies so I had to make up my window with rectangle dies and to make it look more like a window, I fashioned curtains and a valence with pleated and embossed paper. I wall-papered the room with a floral print paper and used a wood grain print for the floor.  Since the window looks to an outside view I created a winter scene that I stamped in black ink and colored with pencils.  I hope the trees in the scene are enough to cover the required tree element. The Stampendous stamp "Snowy Postcard" is from Joan's Gardens that I recently won. Only a portion of the stamp is shown through the window. My card turned out a bit on the clean and simple style. More details on this challenge at  www.atjoansgardens.com

Other Challenge:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday: Create a winter scene on your card

Other Supplies:
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Memento Rich Cocoa
Stamp: MFP Sentiment
Papers: MME Happy Day paper pad for floral, Crate Paper DIY Shop collection for woodgrain, White and Pink CS from stash
Cuttlebug EF Argyle
Nesties Rectangle Dies

 I love your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Lin said...

Theresa, you are so clever! I adore that snowy postcard stamp and you've shown a whole new way to use it! Beautiful!

Joan Fricker said...

Theresa, what a great card. When I was thinking about the requirements for the challenge , I said to myself..what if they don't have a window die, then I thought they can make a window. And, you certainly did. I love everything about this from the curtains, valance, wallpaper and the beautiful scene outside. Great job!!!
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Allison Cope said...

That is one gorgeous winter scene Theresa! Love the paper you chose to go with your image... a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with our "Timeless Tuesday challenge" this week.

Cheryl said...

I LOVE your winter scene! It looks so beautiful colored in pink, and the window effect turned out fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us in this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Theresa love your card, I love the idea of looking out from inside the home.

Congratulations on the BIG win!