Friday, November 15, 2013

Thanks a Bunch with Flowers

 
Welcome! This card was made using a sketch from Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge #246  in which we had a choice between 2 sketches shown below. I chose the one on the right in the graphic.  I did something that I do not remember doing before....I chose not to color the stamped image because I thought it looked so good on the layered pattern papers just stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle ink.  I think this looks very contemporary in an elegant way.  I used Flourishes stamps from Dahlias and Zinnias (sentiment). I added a satin ribbon and button from my collection to complete the card.
 
Other Supplies:
Papers: GKD Ivory Cardstock, All Patterns from Webster Pages Park Drive Pad
Dies: Nesties Squares and Flourishes Tag by SB
 
Other challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday: Thanks or Thansgiving
Paper Pretties: Give Thanks
Fussy and Fancy: Cream and Brown 
 
Thanks for all your comments. I love hearing from you.

8 comments:

Patti P. said...

Hi Theresa, I saw this at the Flourishes blog and loved it in the thumbnail but so much prettier on your blog. I love the black outline...way to think outside of the box. I too love your other cards posted today. What a great sketch for your distressed card and lovely papers. As for your one layers. Love that daisy folder and what creative uses of the folders for these.
Lol, I have posted more lately than usual and have several to post coming up so hopefully everyone will enjoy seeing mine as much as I have yours.
Hugs....

Connie MacFarlane said...

Fabulous card Theresa! You are absolutely right, this image looks great uncoloured against the backdrop you created with the pretty designer papers. Love the ribbon too. Thanks for playing along at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday this week.

Monica Edwards said...

Gorgeous card I love how you left it uncolored amazing. http://www.treasuredt.blogspot.com/p/challenges.html?url=/challenges/

Monica Edwards said...

Thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps.com be sure to come back for next weeks challenge!

Céline said...

really stunning card
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
hugs
céline

Calypso's Crafts said...

Beautiful card!! Simple, yet gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at SweetStamps.

Donna K said...

Thank you for sharing this LOVELY card with us at SweetStamps.com this week. Good luck to you!!

Katie Sims said...

I love, love, love that you did not color the image...I think it is so striking left uncolored with your pretty papers! I am so glad you were able to play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)