Thursday, November 14, 2013

Playing with Triangles

 
This week at CAS-ology the theme is triangles. My idea was to use 2 equilateral triangles (All 3 sides are the same distance) to create the Star of David to make a Hanukkah Card. I cut the 2 triangles from Gold Metallic CS and stamped one with a very old stamp from Motion Stamps? using versamark and black EP. I selected SU Brillant Blue CS for the card base which I embossed with Cuttlebug EF Wickerweave for some texture. Tip: Instead of using a gold mat for layering I did something I have not done before.  I heat embossed gold EP around the edges using Versamark Pen and ruler to ink the edges. This gave a layered look without additional weight and probably is less expensive. The photo does not capture the real look because the edge is shiny on all 4 sides which  only shows correctly on the top edge.  I simply finished the CAS card by attaching the 2 arranged triangles with pop up dots

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Olga said...

how neat, stunning card!

Rosemary said...

beautiful take on the cue word... love your Star of David!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Clever! I love how you've created your Star of David from the two triangles! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Tracey McNeely said...

Teresa fantastic card, and so creative. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!