Monday, November 4, 2013

Christmas Wreath

Third Post today!!! I had not planned to do another post but I forgot to post this Christmas card for a challenge that ends at Flourishes tonight. The Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge  FTTC244 from Katie is to use Plaid or Houndstooth pattern in a card. I had been hoarding this plaid paper from BasicGrey Jovial pad for such a challenge.  This also was an opportunity  to use a never ink stamp that I won some time ago from Flourishes called Christmas Wreath (now retired).  I stamped the wreath with Memento Espresso Truffle ink on GKD Ivory CS and colored with Copics, Markers, and pencils.  This was a challenge to color. I then stamped the sentiment under the image with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink and trimmed to fit on a mat of the Plaid Paper and attached to an Ivory Card Base (5.5 x5.5 ").  I seldom make this size card but the size of the stamp needed that extra space.  I chose not to add any embellishments so that the beautiful image would be the star of my card.  I did highlight the fruit with a clear glaze pen which looks great IRL.
Also to enter in this challenge:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Theresa!

Allison Cope said...

What a stunning card Theresa! I love the plaid and how you matched the colours in it to your wreath! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us again this week for our Flourishes "Timeless Tuesday Challenge"!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card, fab colours.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv
Debby