Saturday, November 16, 2013

Christmas Flip Card

Welcome to my studio!  Recently at a meeting of my stamping club  we made a flip card presented by Cheryl.  She had precut and scored all the parts for  the card with a die specially made for this technique which I believe was from Stampin' Up.  I decided to make this style of card just using  SB circle dies and my Scor-pal instead of spending more money.  (DH will appreciate that?)
After a few trials on copy paper, I worked out the technique successfully and can also use other shape dies to create other designs.  This was not difficult at all and saved me about $20-30 which I spent online this morning.  My finished card is a Christmas card shown partly closed in above photo and  opened in  photo below.  I made this mostly with scraps and leftovers.

Challenges:
Glory of Christmas: Special Card Form
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything goes

Supplies:
Paper: GKD Red and Ivory CS, Authentique Wonder Collection including die cut on the front
       (Joy to the World)
Stamp: GKD Christmas Verse
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Nesties Circle Dies
Cuttlebug EF Allegro
Scor-pal
Christmas Bell 3D Stick on from Susan Winget
Ribbon from Joann's
Is this a flip or swing card?
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Selma said...

This is beautiful Theresa. It is always so rewarding to figure new things out. I have never created a card like this and want to give it a try.

patty said...

wonderful creation, thanks for joining us at http://thegloryofchristmaschallenge.blogspot.de/
hugs, patty

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 20: special card form, Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT - thanks also for adding for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon. x

Mrs A. said...

I love your flip card and well done for working out how to make your own. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Hazelnuts Extra this month. Hugs Mrs A. (GDT).