Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Three Wise Men


 Hello! I know it is  lovely fall weather but today I have a Christmas card to share. This is for a challenge at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge to be inspired by the photo shown below.  This is one time that I knew what I wanted to create as soon as I read the challenge.  I started with a sheet from Heartfelt Christmas Card Collection.  I cut out the Three Wise Men  scene with Nesties circle die and framed with a Burgundy Circle cutout. This I layered on to a design cut with a Geo Die from navy cardstock backed with white. I thought this geometric die fit well the stars in the scene. I layered this on more of the paper from the Christmas collection that I embossed with Cuttlebug EF Diamond Plate. I adhered all the layers to a card base of Navy. The sentiment is from GKD and stamped with SC Bravo Burgundy.  I finished with a Rhinestone and used Clear Star Pen on the smaller Star for shine in the sky.
Challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: Photo Inpiration
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything goes for October as long as it is Christmas.
Crafting Musketeers: Challenge #6 Christmas in October

  I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Very elegant design!

Patti P. said...

Hi Theresa,
This is so pretty, love the way you created such a pretty focal point and the geo die is perfect.
Hope you are well, love your blog topper picture.
hugs....

Hazel said...

What a beautiful response to the inspiration picture - lovely to see a card with the true meaning of Christmas - thanks for sharing for both CHNC challenges. Challenge 6 on Crafting Musketeers is 'Christmas in October - it would be good to see this there as well, Hazel, Design Team Crafting Musketeers x

Fran said...

Great card, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog, Fran (DT) xxx

Hazel said...

Thanks for adding for Crafting Musketeers 'Christmas in October', Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon. x

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers challenge, Nicola X