Sunday, October 6, 2013

This Is Paper Pieced... Really!


Welcome!  This card is for the Timeless Tuesday challenge at Flourishes to use paper piecing.  Yes, I did paper piecing with textured green and red cardstock on the leaves and strawberries.  After completing the card, I realized that you may not realize this is paper pieced in the photo.  Using solid papers may not have been the best decision for the challenge but the textures really feel and look good in real life. I stamped the image from Flourishes Strawberries with Memento Tuxedo Black on GKD White Cardstock.  I colored in the tiny leaves and stems with Copic G19 and G28. I added Clear and Yellow Glaze to the blossoms. I used adhesive backed paper from DCWV which made it a little easier to paper piece but it was still a struggle to remove the backing from such small pieces.  The card base is Green Core'dination Core Color Cardstock that I embossed with Cuttlebug Embosssing Folder Wicker Weave  and then "sanded" with an emery board to highlight the embossing. I added some score lines with Scor-Pal at the top and lower edges.  The sentiment from Flourishes Zinnias was stamped with the same black ink on the same white cardstock. Both the image and sentiment were matted on Black Cardstock  cut with Nesties Rectangle dies. ( Not sure why the white cardstock looks like such a  different white with the sentiment, maybe because it is popped up and caught the light differently in the photo.)
 
Anyone who plays  the Timeless Tuesday challenge this week not only gets a chance to win the weekly prize drawing, but also may get a chance to be one of  the Flourishes’ Guest Designers for December!  Check out the details here.

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

3 comments:

Olga said...

I think it's gorgeous!!!!! Those strawberries are perfect!

Allison Cope Israels said...

Those strawberries look good enough to eat Theresa! I think you did a great job on the paper piecing challenge. Thanks for playing along with us for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge over at Flourishes and good luck in the contest!

Greta said...

Wonderful card!