Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Card with Leaf

Today I was planning to plant tulips but it rained and the ground was too wet to dig.  So I played with stamps in the studio although I could have done some ironing. I made this card for 2 challenges- Less Is More and Clear It Out Challenge.  I stamped a leaf using GKD  stamp from A Year of Leaves by Melanie in versamark ink on a circle of Ivory Cardstock and heat embossed with Gold EP and then colored with Copics R 46, 59, YR 07 and 63. I layered this on a circle mat of Olive Green Cardstock and then attached to a card base of Pumpkin Cardstock.  I added a sentiment stamped in versamark ink on Olive Green Cardstock and also embossed in Gold EP. This was an already prepared sentiment and fussy cut that I had leftover from some cards that I made last Thanksgiving.  I just had to pull out a box of things that I saved and attach to the card.  It pays to never throw anything out.  This card shows much darker on blogger than in real life and in the photo

Challenges:
Less is More: Sketch #10 shown left
Clear It Out Challenge: Theme is Thanksgiving; and Stash Item:A left over sentiment from another project
Tuesday Throwdown: Colors of Fall

Thank for all your comments.   I so enjoy hearing from you.
Theresa

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

What terrific colours Theresa!
It's a lovely leaf!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

NanaConnie said...

Beautifully CAS design, Theresa! Fantastic colors on the leaf. Thanks so much for playing along this time at Tuesday Throwdown in our "Colors of Fall" challenge. Good luck and I hope to see you here again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Sharon ~ A Piece Of Heart said...

Very pretty card. I love the colors and I especially love the way you colored the leaf. Thanks for joining us at the Clear It Out Challenge blog.

Sharon
A Piece Of Heart Blog
**Make sure to visit my blog for a chance to win some really great loot in my TWO AMAZING GIVEAWAYS! Check out the details HERE!**

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Really pretty CAS card. Love the leaf.

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky I have some candy on my blog ;o) http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/09/400-followers-giveaway.html