Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Simple or Detailed?

 


Today I am posting my entry for Joan's Gardens Challenge.  She was rather easy on us this week. We are to make a choice of a simple or more detailed card ( I did both), use red or green, do paper piecing, and use a product from Joan's Gardens. Check out more at  www.atjoansgardens.com .
I began my card with a White Iridescent Cardstock ( in stash for a long time) which is great for a snow theme. I stamped the Snowman from Heartfelt Creations Melt Your Heart Precut stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and heat dried the image....ink takes awhile to dry on this paper so I took care not to smudge.  I stamped the sentiment from the same set in versamark and heat embossed with red embossing powder. This is a good paper to use for paper piecing. I colored the hat with gold and gray Copics....love the subdued look of the ink on the shiny paper.  I stamped the image on paper scraps of green (for the holly), red (for the bird), and stripe (for the scarf). I actually stamped the scarf 4 times to have the stripe in a different direction for each part of the scarf design.  After gluing my paper pieces to the snowman, I trimmed the image to fit on to a green mat (another scrap) and attached to Card base of GKD Red Cardstock. I then added Red Rhinestones to the holly, a Hero Arts Black Gem to the nose, and used black glaze pen on the mouth, eyes and orange glaze pen on the beak.
For a more detailed card, I added a Stripe Ribbon from Joann's and 3 snowflakes cut with a Cheery Lynn die from Build a Flower 1 with Rhinestone centers. Love this die for snowflakes! Which card do you prefer?  Of course the simple one (top) will be easier to mail.
Items from Joan's Gardens are in red.




3 comments:

Benzi said...

Adorable snowman and card. I LOVE snowmen. Great job with that scarf.

Olga said...

both are gorgeous, I love the image, need to pull my set out and make a few cards, thanks for inspiring me!!!!

Nancy Hill said...

Very beautiful card. The snowman and his smile makes anyone smile back. Love the coloring as well.