Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Second Card for Joan's Gardens Challenge


Added a Embossed Sentiment
Added a Bow

 This is a second card for Joan's Gardens Challenge to make a card using Purple and Green, torn edges, layers and a product from Joan's Gardens.  I made this from items on my work station that I had left over from other projects and decided to make use of them in this card.  The flower was made when experimenting with vellum paper and embossing with gold embossing powder using Heartfelt Creations Grandiflora Rose stamp for an earlier card.  I layered 2 cutouts but found that the gold flecks off if you try to shape the flowers so I left it flatter for this creation. I added some Leaves cut from Green Vellum with Cheery Lynn Tropical Leaves die and some darker green flourishes that I were given by a friend and do not know the die used but think it was from Sizzix. I tore some K& CO Pattern Paper and embossed it with Darice EF Flower Frenzy for a layer on top of the card base of Purple Cardstock.  I added a layer of some mesh that I colored with a Copics V17.  As you see in the photos I played with different looks using an Embossed sentiment on one view and then used an Organza Bow for another variation. Products used that can be purchased at Joan's Gardens are Graffix Vellum Papers, Cheery Lynn Dies, Heartfelt Creations Stamps, and E6000 Adhesive.
Check out the challenge and Products at www.atjoansgardens.com

I also made this for the Splitcoasterstampers challenge Many Colors of Cancer HYCTT08. I included purple to represent pancreatic cancer which seems to be one of the most deadly and aggressive cancers and added lavendar with the bow to represent All Cancers.
 
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

No comments: