Friday, October 4, 2013

Quilt for Autumn Nights

 
Fall brings cooler nights and need for that extra quilt on the bed. My card shows autumn colors in a quilt that I paper pieced with scraps of BasicGrey patterns from Max & Whiskers paper pad.  I spent time lining up the flowers designs in the centers of the squares of the quilt. I used stamps from Gina K Designs that I stamped on ivory cardstock with Memento Espresso Truffle ink. I colored the wood with Copics E43,44,47, YR09 and the hearts with Orange glaze pen. I dry embossed the quilt using a border embossing folder to give texture and design. I hope you can see the details.  The card base is a pumpkin cardstock and the mat is a gold cardstock both from stash. 
What better way to use my paper scraps than make a quilt?
Challenges:
BasicGrey Challenge: Autumn Colors-photo inspired. Used Max&Whiskers Paper pad
Alphabet Challenge: Q is for Quilting

I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

5 comments:

Lin said...

Just love this, Theresa!!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Theresa, perfect papers and embossing! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Seriously Fantastic card! You can see the embossing detail on the quilt. .looks real! Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena Fitzpatrick said...

This is a beautiful card and I love the sentiment with it!

Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

Cazro said...

A beautiful card with a beautiful comment. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz