Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pink Poinsettia with Glam



This week Flourishes has a special challenge for their Release week -FLLCOCT13-Color Challenge with a twist!  We are to create a Christmas Design without the use of the color Red or Green.  I love to use poinsettias on Christmas cards so I chose to use a pink poinsettia on my entry. Using Flourishes Stamp from "Poinsettias and Boxwood", I stamped the flower twice on pink cardstock scraps with versamark and embossed with Ranger Gold EP. I cut both out and formed into a 3D flower.  I used a deeper pink card base from DCWV pack and layered with GKD gold metallic cardstock and then a mat of striped pattern from MME. Added a strip of the gold cs topped with a rick rack from Joann's and stamped a sentiment "Joy to the World" from Flourishes "Alleluia" in gold embossing.  I then attached the Poinsettia to which I added some Gala Glitz Gold from Art Glitter  to the center using Art Glitter glue. The flower was attached with foam tape.
 
Wish me luck with this challenge.  Winners will  receive the entire October release from Flourishes.
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Allison Cope Israels said...

Wow Theresa! Your poinsettia creation is gorgeous! Love the soft pink colour you chose - so beautiful! Fabulous use of nontraditional colours on a holiday card! Thanks for joining us for our Flourishes' Release Week Challenge!

ChristineCreations said...

This is beautifully dramatic with the layered poinsettia petals Theresa! So lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Still one of my favorite poinsettias. The embossing with soft paper is gorgeous. Outstanding job. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Christmas challenge this week!

Heather Jensen said...

What a beauty! The gold stamped Poinsettia is stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with Flourishes.