Monday, October 28, 2013

James Bear Trims the Tree


 
Second Christmas card for today.  I am trying to use some of my never inked stamps and this one is LOTV's James Bear Deck the Hall.  I stamped him with Memento Espresso Truffle and colored him with Copics . I added some shine with a  Clear Star pen it but does not show in the photo.   I fussy cut him to place in front of an embossed Christmas Tree (Darice EF) on green CS. I think it might have been  better not to have done all that cutting but I wanted James to be standing in front of the tree that he's trimming.   I added gold to the tree with Gold Jelli-pens and edged the green CS with a Sharpie Gold Paint Pen. The card base is an Ivory card stock topped with a pattern paper from BasicGrey Jovial pad.  I finished with a Flourishes sentiment Joy (from Alleluia Set) stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with gold EP. James is a very joyful bear, don't you think?  
 
Challenges:
Timeless Tuesday: Do some fussy cutting.
PapertakeWeekly: Oh Christmas Tree
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything Goes for Christmas
Lili Of The Valley's Monthly Challenge: Anything goes with a LOTV stamp.
ABC Christmas Challenge: U for Under the Tree
 
 Have you started your Holiday cards?
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

6 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is such a cute bear, Theresa!

Lisa aka Myran said...

What a sweet sweet card! Thank you for joining the challenge at Papertake Weekly :)

Helen said...

Awww...so cute! Love James the bear!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Carissa said...

Very cute, love the way you embossed the tree for the background. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas.
Carissa

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card for CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon. x

Erica said...

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge with your gorgeous card!

Good luck!

Hugs

Erica x